Re: V_HEADS UP II.

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bz_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 00:24:34 +0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> this is THE HEADS UP in addition to Julian's HEADS UP a few weeks ago
>> and Robert's mini-HEADS UP a few days ago.
>>
>> Your private changes for HEAD might be screwed by the the of this day
>> (BST) as the first step of the VImage work should go in.
>>
>> You have been warned, we are going to accept the risk, talk to Peter
>> in case you want to stop is this or sink the Isle of Albion within a
>> few hours;-)
>
> Okay, Britain still above sea levels, mostly...
>
> The first stage commit of vimage went in. In case you are changing
> sys/ and you are touching anything related to globals make sure you get
> it right!

Sorry, this was not helpful... (it's late here, local time).

There is a write up from Julian and Marko in perforce at
 	//depot/projects/vimage/porting_to_vimage.txt
You can also get to that using the web frontends, either
http://perforce.freebsd.org/ or http://p4web.freebsd.org/
which would probably be a good thing to start with and it could be
further enahnced as more things would need explanation.

If in doubt there is the freebsd-virtualization_at_ mailing list where
you could ask as well or try to ping any of the reviewers of the first
stage commit.

>> PS: if you are unlucky we'll prepare the 2nd stage for/on Monday.
>
> We are most likely going to start on that and it's hopefully going to
> hit the tree within a week. This is the HeADS UP.

Good night
/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb              Stop bit received. Insert coin for new game.