Possible regression with 200807 amd64 snapshot CD

From: Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 23:05:28 -0700
When trying to install 7.0-RELEASE on amd64 with the snapshot CD for
8.0-CURRENT, I'm running into issues where I can't seem to install
because the installer gets to a point where it just quits with a -1
exit code.

Looking at the console I see a load of "cpio: malformed number"
messages scroll by the screen, which makes me think that the issue
lays with either the integrity of the archives received, or there's a
bug with cpio that's included in the snapshot CD.

Could someone verify of disprove this issue please?

Thanks,
-Garrett