Re: System, diagnose thyself: auto-documentation for crashes

From: Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:48:24 +0300
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 05:26:16PM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Friday 29 August 2008 05:07:15 pm Kirk Strauser wrote:
> > On Aug 29, 2008, at 10:44 AM, John Baldwin wrote:
> >
> > > See /usr/sbin/crashinfo for a start.  I have patches to enable it
> > > from /etc/rc.d/savecore after generating a patch (still need to test
> > > them
> > > though).
> >

> > I'm not finding that anywhere, either on my systems or on Google.
>
> It's in HEAD.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.sbin/crashinfo/crashinfo.sh

John, why not MFCing it ? MFC cannot break anything :), it is a standalone
utility, and it definitely useful to have bigger test base.

I propose to add some note to the manpage, explicitely mentioning
experimantal status of utility, and the fact that both user interface
and output format are subject to change. I imagine this is the only
obstacle for MFC.