Re: i give up

From: Sergey Zaharchenko <doublef-ctm_at_yandex.ru>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:52:04 +0300
Hello Joe!

Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 10:32:34AM -0800 you wrote:

> Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> > On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:49:02 +0900
> > Randy Bush <randy_at_psg.com> wrote:
> >

> >> what a tragic story.  and zero technical info, like even what your
> >> controller is.  best of luck in penguin land.  bye!
> >>
> >> randy
> >>

> > No, actually, I forwarded to Soren all the information I could glean
> > from Windows Vista, Linux and FreeBSD (which I managed to install on an
> > external USB drive).  I also applied the patches he sent me, which
> > failed to cure the problem, and have been monitoring the mailing lists
> > and CVS repo for any signs of progress, but so far I've seen nothing.
> >
> The first step in upgrading a FreeBSD system is to NEVER purchase
> ANYTHING with an nVidia logo anywhere near it.

Huh, I haven't had any serious problems with neither the nForce2 chipset
my m/b is based on (including the nfe/nve Ethernet card) nor with the
nVidia FX 5200 video card. I guess that's because both are quite antique
by now. In general, the newer the stuff, the harder it might be to get
it to work. This might apply to nVidia more than to other stuff, but in
general it's just better to be able to check compatibility, e.g. using a
LiveCD on a friend's machine...

--
DoubleF
No virus detected in this message. Ehrm, wait a minute...