Re: last call for L2/L3 rewrite code review

From: Bruce M. Simpson <bms_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:18:31 +0000
Hi,

Just skimming this I notice it uses the if_afdata[AF_INET] pointer
purely for lltbl purposes; this clashes with the IGMPv3 code drop.

Please look in the bms_netdev branch, where I introduce a 'struct
ip_ifinfo' to make more general use of that slot. IGMPv3 needs to store
per-interface state for AF_INET, so this slot really needs to be shared
with other AF_INET stuff.

Looks like it needs to be updated for VIMAGE also, hopefully others more
familiar with this can help -- I am busy enough with non-programming
activity as it is to get up to speed on this, although I have at least
managed to print Julian's write-up...

Other than that, it looks like a much needed improvement and we are all
very grateful for our work on this.

thanks
BMS