Re: HEADS UP: r185435 multi-IPv4/v6/no-IP jails in HEAD

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:50:34 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 22:53 +0100, Philipp Wuensche wrote:
>> Not entirely true, the jls output is totaly different than before and
>> breaks third-party applications like jailaudit and ezjail.
>
> Right, well, whether they check for VERSION > 70200x or 80000, the
> format will is likely to change.
>
> Once everything has been sorted out, they can add support now, push out
> the updates, and the version in common use will be forward/backward
> compatible.
>
> Whatever we have to do to light a fire there -- I just don't want
> ezjail-admin compatibility to be a showstopper on this.

Two comments: the format as is, is most likely to stay for the
livetime of the 7.x branch once things are MFCed.

For 8 with vimage and we'll get an entirely new management interface
for all this.

/bz

PS: yes, I know rc.d/jail foo still needs integration. Has anyone
tested what was posted?

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.