Re: Change select(2) to kevent(2) on script(1)...

From: Norikatsu Shigemura <nork_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 00:29:01 +0900
Hi sobomax!

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 03:03:42 -0800
Maxim Sobolev <sobomax_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> Roman Divacky wrote:
> > I believe other OSes should be able to do the porting effort when they
> > want to use FreeBSD software.
> > if kqueue-in-script makes any improvement go for it.
> I really doubt there would be any. It's just 2 descriptors, and if
> select(2) can't handle 2 descriptors efficiently them perhaps it is
> broken and has to be fixed instead.

	I think that performance improvement is significant(I don't
	think performance improved by my patch).  But my patch is the
	first implementation of kqueue/kevent support for TTY.
	In fact, I could find a bug.  I hope to commit my patch.  But
	by performance reason, my patch is not accepted, I have no
	problem.

	Hi ed!  Thanks for your fix.  I confirmed that my patch is
	good works.