Re: No sound from snd_hda

From: Damian Gerow <dgerow_at_afflictions.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 14:23:00 -0500
Alexander Motin wrote:
: > I've tried searching around, but I haven't been able to turn anything up.
: > Is there something I'm missing?  Something I should be doing that I'm not?
:
: You are missing new snd_hda man page reading. RTFM. :)

<sigh>

Sorry.

: 1) Read new man page;
: 2) Driver provides you two pcm devices for different purposes, so try to
: use both (as man page recommends);
: 3) If your system has several audio connectors - try all of them, they
: are not equal any more.

Setting hw.snd.default_unit=1 gives me audio.

: 4) Boot with verbose logs enabled to get much more information about
: your codec and driver operation (as man page recommends);
: 5) Connexant audio codecs are rare, so send your verbose output to me, I
: would like to see it.

I'll do this once I reboot, which may take a few hours.

Thanks.  And again, my apologies for not following basic diligence.

  - Damian