Re: HEADSUP usb2 (usb4bsd) to become default in 2 weeks.

From: Bruce Cran <bruce_at_cran.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 04:19:38 +0000
On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 23:14:19 +0100
"Niclas Zeising" <niclas.zeising_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking at the diff, I noticed that it says
> +#device		usb2_misc		# USB Misc.
> (required) But it's commented out. Why is that if it's required, or
> is it only required for certain options? If the former is the case,
> it should probably be uncommented, otherwise the comment that it's
> required should probably clarified.
>
> Does it work for the other arches (most noticeably amd64) as well, or
> just i386?
>
> Lastly, please take a look at pr conf/128590 for updates to NOTES with
> most of these options.

usb2_misc will only be required for usb2_misc_dbp; likewise,
usb2_ethernet is required only for the usb2_ethernet_* devices that
follow.  I've been testing it on amd64 and it works well; I haven't
tried it powerpc yet though so I don't know if it works on the less
popular platforms too.

--
Bruce Cran