Re: HEADSUP usb2 (usb4bsd) to become default in 2 weeks.

From: Niclas Zeising <niclas.zeising_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 23:14:19 +0100
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:40 PM, Alfred Perlstein <alfred_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> We're going to usher in the New Year with a new usb stack.
>
> Now is the time to test, test, test.
>
> It is also the time to point out anything missing from usb2 that
> is in usb1.
>
> In two weeks, on Jan 3rd I will switch the GENERIC kernel to use
> usb2.
>
> The old usb code will remain in case there is any fallout.
>
> Depending on how this trial goes we will hopefully move to the new
> stack entirely within a few weeks after bug reports start dying
> down.

> To enable the new stack in your existing kernel config files you
> need to apply the following patch, basically removing usb and
> replacing with usb2.
>
> See attachment.
>
> --
> - Alfred Perlstein

Looking at the diff, I noticed that it says
+#device		usb2_misc		# USB Misc. (required)
But it's commented out. Why is that if it's required, or is it only
required for certain options? If the former is the case, it should
probably be uncommented, otherwise the comment that it's required
should probably clarified.

Does it work for the other arches (most noticeably amd64) as well, or just i386?

Lastly, please take a look at pr conf/128590 for updates to NOTES with
most of these options.

Thanks for all the hard work!
Regards!
//Niclas