HEADSUP usb2 (usb4bsd) to become default in 2 weeks.

From: Alfred Perlstein <alfred_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 13:40:10 -0800
We're going to usher in the New Year with a new usb stack.

Now is the time to test, test, test.

It is also the time to point out anything missing from usb2 that
is in usb1.

In two weeks, on Jan 3rd I will switch the GENERIC kernel to use
usb2.

The old usb code will remain in case there is any fallout.

Depending on how this trial goes we will hopefully move to the new
stack entirely within a few weeks after bug reports start dying
down.

To enable the new stack in your existing kernel config files you
need to apply the following patch, basically removing usb and
replacing with usb2.

See attachment.

--
- Alfred Perlstein