Re: HEADSUP usb2 (usb4bsd) to become default

From: David Naylor <naylor.b.david_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 22:25:24 +0200
On Sunday 28 December 2008 11:40:50 Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Sunday 28 December 2008, raoul megelas wrote:
> > On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 10:37:21 +0100
> >

> > with the same Subject:
> > what must i do when a phone connected to usb return:
> > no CM descriptor? (goto(dettach) in umodem.c?
> > if we need a quirk for it it is a nokia n95.
>
> Look at /usr/src/sys/dev/usb2/serial/umodem2.c
>
> Maybe you can make a patch for your device?
>
> --HPS

Hi,

As far as I know all Symbian S60 3rd Ed. cell phones do not return a CM
descriptor.  To add a quirk for every one of these phones, I think, is the
incorrect solution.

There is a PR that deals with this problem and has a patch that extends umodem
to handle no CM descriptor (I am actually using a ppp link using the patched
umodem to send this e-mail).  The only thing is the patch is for umodem and
will need to be ported to umodem2.

The PR is: usb/117185

Regards,

David

P.S. My phone is a Nokia 6220 Classic...