Re: aac, aaccli no longer work on 7.

From: Ian FREISLICH <ianf_at_clue.co.za>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:22:16 +0200
Thomas Vogt wrote:
> Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> > The system is amd64 SMP.  The last kernel I have that works is
> > 7-CURRENT(i386) circa July last year.  Does anyone know whether
> > amd64 is the issue, or whether the aac driver has just dropped
> > support for aaccli or if there is a newer aaccli available from
> > Adaptec?  Or, has Adaptec just dropped FreeBSD support?
>
> Try ports/sysutils/arcconf. It should work with most adaptec
> controllers. Unfortantly you have to install adaptecs kernel module to
> use all feature with arcconf. I guess apdatecs kernel moduls are only
> available for 6.x (32/64bit).

That's a pity.  I need write access to configure the device from
the OS.  arconf appears to run, but it never exits once it reports
"Command completed successfully".

Maybe you or someone can recomend a RAID controller that works with
FreeBSD that has support for OS level interaction and configuration.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich