Re: aac, aaccli no longer work on 7.

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:54:09 -0500
On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:29:36AM +0100, Thomas Vogt wrote:

> Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> >
> > The system is amd64 SMP.  The last kernel I have that works is
> > 7-CURRENT(i386) circa July last year.  Does anyone know whether
> > amd64 is the issue, or whether the aac driver has just dropped
> > support for aaccli or if there is a newer aaccli available from
> > Adaptec?  Or, has Adaptec just dropped FreeBSD support?

Adaptec has deprecated aaccli, and it turns out it doesn't work with
their recent drivers (which are in 6.3 and 7.0).  I still need to get
this indicated in the port.

> Try ports/sysutils/arcconf. It should work with most adaptec
> controllers. Unfortantly you have to install adaptecs kernel module to
> use all feature with arcconf. I guess apdatecs kernel moduls are only
> available for 6.x (32/64bit).

The driver in 7.0 and 6.3 should provide the same support as Adaptec's
precompiled kernel modules.  Please let me know if this isn't the case.

There is a problem with arcconf that causes it to hang after producing
its expected output.  Adaptec is aware of the issue, but has been very
slow in responding.

-Ed