Re: New DTrace source snapshot

From: John Birrell <jb_at_what-creek.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:10:57 +0000
On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 02:51:45PM +0200, Niki Denev wrote:
> I have one question though, is the anonymous tracing during boot
> supported on fbsd?
> I have created the required /boot/dtrace.dof file, and set
> dtrace_boot="YES" in loader.conf,
> but after reboot dtrace -ae doesn not produce anything

The anonymous tracing stuff that you see was part of my initial
port. Second time around I was working to Cisco priorities which
rated user process tracing above anonymous tracing.

Now that Cisco has dropped the ball and walked away, I guess it
would be appropriate to reconsider the priority list.

--
John Birrell