Re: warning of pending commit attempt.

From: Tim Kientzle <kientzle_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:10:37 -0800
Julian Elischer wrote:
> At some stage in the next few weeks I will be trying to commit
> Marco Zec's vimage code to -current.
>
> For those of you who do NOT know what it is, please go to
> the following website:
>
>  http://imunes.tel.fer.hr/virtnet/
>
> This project has been going for a whle and has been in production
> in its earlier versions in several places.

This sounds fabulous.

I've recently noticed that the two features FreeBSD
is really recognized for seem to be ZFS and jails.
I think ZFS in 7.0 will be a real selling point,
and vimage could become just as much of a
release-defining feature for 8.0.

It also sounds like something that will need a lot
of baking-in before it's completely ready, so now is
definitely the time to get it into the tree for 8.0.

Good luck!

Tim Kientzle