Re: When will ZFS become stable?

From: Brooks Davis <brooks_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 10:33:52 -0600
On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 12:42:28PM +0100, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far as I know about the details of implementation and what would it
> take to fix the problems, is it safe to assume ZFS will never become
> stable during 7.x lifetime?

I suppose that depends what you mean by stable.  It seems stable enough
for a number of applications today.  It's clearly not widely tested
since we haven't shipped a release based on it.  It's possible some of
the issues of memory requirements won't be fixable in 7.x, but I don't
think that's a given.

-- Brooks