Re: ZFS on AMD64 - any recent crashes?

From: Gelsema, P \(Patrick\) - FreeBSD <"Gelsema,>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 23:55:33 +0100 (CET)
On Sun, January 6, 2008 23:49, Hugo Silva wrote:

>> The zfs pool is jailed and within the jail runs samba.
>>
>> The only "issue" I have is that whenever I reboot that I have to re-jail
>> the zfs pool and remount it within the jail. Would love if this could be
>> automatic.
>>

> Would having the option to specify the JID one wants for a jail that's
> launching solve this ?

After rebooting I have to do the following on the box.

On the host:
hulk# zfs jail 4 zfspublic/batman

This allows the jail with id4 (called batman) to talk to the zfs pool.

On the jail:

batman# zfs mount -a

Only after that the zfs pool/storage is available from within the jail.

I did have a quick look to see if I could add something to the rc.zfs file
but it's a bit tricky, depending on when the zfs is started/loaded and
when the jails are initialised. You can only jail zfs when the jail in
which you want to use zfs is already running. Please correct me if I am
wrong.

Fortunately I do not reboot that often ;-)

Patrick