Re: FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:25:54 +0000
In message <478556AD.6090400_at_bsdforen.de>, Dominic Fandrey writes:

>The first problem is [...]

No.

The first problem FreeBSD has, is that the users do not financially
support enough full-time developers.

That is also problem number 2, 3, 4 and probably up to around 10.

There is no ill will in the FreeBSD developer community, if we could
do it better, we would.

But the majority of us, spend our time doing other stuff for a living,
and as long as that is the case, FreeBSD plays second fiddle.

Find a way to fix that, and there is no place FreeBSD couldn't go.

Poul-Henning