kgdb not loading symbols?

From: Scot Hetzel <swhetzel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 01:41:46 -0600
I was trying to trace a panic loading a Dell Windows XP driver for the
Broadcom Wireless Adapter that had been converted using ndisgen.

I had rebuilt my kernel using:

cd /usr/src/sys/amd64/conf
config DV8135NR
cd ../compile/DV8135NR
make cleandepend && make depend
make
make gdbinit
make install

After rebooting, I loaded the Dell bcmwl564_sys.ko driver, and it
paniced.  I then had it save the panic to the swap partition and
rebooted.  After it booted and saved the core I ran:

cd /usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/DV8135NR
kgdb -n 11 kernel.debug
:
(kgdb) kldsyms
(kgdb)

When I had done this on 7.0-CURRENT a while back, I would see kgdb
display them.  Is loading symbols broken on 8.0-CURRENT or do we no
longer display the loading of the symbol files?

If you want to see the full kgdb output, see my post to the "Hung
laptop now will not boot 7.0-RC1" thread on this list.

Scot