Re: FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

From: Bernd Walter <ticso_at_cicely12.cicely.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:47:04 +0100
On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 09:19:38AM -0500, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

> Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> > Wilko Bulte wrote:
> >> As far as I'm concerned: if a license like that comes to core for
> >> a vote I would vote "No".
> >>
> >> This thread seems to move from the concerns our German friends
> >> have into a licensing debate.  I feel it would be better if we
> >> could get back on track here.
> >>

> > Agreed, this was never intended to become a license discussion. If
> > changing the license would be the only solution, I would rather
> > live with the problems than solving them.
>
> It is not the only solution but it is the best long term one IMO

No - it is not even a solution at all.
If you force people to do something you get bad quality, which doesn't
solve anything.
Really - FreeBSD is as free beer and this is intended.
If you are happy with it and don't want to give something back it is
fine.
If you want to complain about the type or quality of free beer you
should help getting it better.
Even bug reporting is helping to get it better, but if someone is
handling your report you should at least be prepared to help in getting
the required informations, otherwise you are just wasting time of
other persons.

--
B.Walter                http://www.bwct.de      http://www.fizon.de
bernd_at_bwct.de           info_at_bwct.de            support_at_fizon.de