Re: FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

From: Tom Evans <tevans.uk_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:40:53 +0000
On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 11:23 -0600, Eric Anderson wrote:
> Tom Evans wrote:
> >> This would be *MOST* welcome :-D
> >
> > man 7 development
> >
> > It is fairly simple to set up following those instructions.
> >

> > Cheers
> >
> > Tom
>

> That only covers part of the development process.  Once you get that
> part set up, there are many other things to do.  Testing changes on a
> real system, or testing them on a virtual machine, debugging crashes, etc.
>
> Eric

That is very true Eric - I for one would like to see how to setup and
test kernel changes on a QEMU VM.

Debugging crashes is covered by the developers handbook (1).

My point wasn't that everything is covered, but there is some very good
documentation already out there already.

Cheers

Tom

1:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html