Re: Why the FreeBSD license will not be changing

From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs_at_berklix.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:16:23 +0100
"Aryeh Friedman" wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2008 12:17 PM, Julian Stacey <jhs_at_berklix.org> wrote:
> > Please Discuss Licensing On chat_at_, Not current_at_ !

> >  This is the mailing list for users of freebsd-current. It includes
> >  warnings about new features coming out in -current that will affect
> >  the users, and instructions on steps that must be taken to remain
> >  -current. Anyone running "current" must subscribe to this list.

> >  This list contains the overflow from the other lists about
> >  non-technical, social information. It includes discussion about
> >  whether Jordan looks like a tune ferret or not, whether or not
> >  to type in capitals, who is drinking too much coffee, where the
> >  best beer is brewed, who is brewing beer in their basement, and
> >  so on. Occasional announcements of important events (such as
> >  upcoming parties, weddings, births, new jobs, etc) can be made
> >  to the technical lists, but the follow ups should be directed to
> >  this list.
>
> Small note I have already stated several times in the thread why this
> is not in -chat_at_

No excuse.  Abuse of current_at_ list remit may annoy people to
request postmaster_at_ to remove abuser.  Better:
- Find another forum, perhaps already existing but not on _at_freebsd.org, Or
- Use chat_at_freebsd, Or
- Ask postmaster_at_freebsd to create a list for those who want it, eg:
	law_at_freebsd	remit: "Licensing, Copyright, Law, Software Patents"
--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com