Re: powerd adaptive mode latching

From: Igor Mozolevsky <igor_at_hybrid-lab.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:51:07 +0000
On 11/01/2008, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no> wrote:

> The whole point of powerd is to automatically adapt to the load.  If
> your laptop "lags too much" powerd should detect that and increase the
> CPU frequency.  However, poor interactive response can result when CPU
> frequency fluctuates too quickly; perhaps your problem will go away with
> Andrew's patch, which is intended to dampen such fluctuations?

I was also thinking that the power increase probably shouldn't be
linear, maybe there should be a choice of algs: 2-step, 50%-100%, etc.
Normally you don't mind power dropping slowly, but for most things you
don't want to wait N-seconds for the clock to be stepped up to its
full throttle...

Igor :-)