Re: Why the FreeBSD license will not be changing

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:50:09 +0100 (CET)
Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
 > Julian H. Stacey wrote:
 > > - Use chat_at_freebsd, Or
 >
 > Already explained

And it has already been pointed out several times why your
explanation is incorrect.

Very simple:  Basically, the chat list is for everything
that's off-topic on all other lists.  Legal and licensing
issues are off-topic on all other lists, so the correct
list would be chat_at_, by definition.

Another list that _might_ be somewhat related to these
things is the advocacy_at_ list.  It's not perfect, but a
lot better than the current_at_ list which is only about
discussing the development (i.e. code) of the -current
branch.

 > > - Ask postmaster_at_freebsd to create a list for those who want it,
 > > eg: law_at_freebsd    remit: "Licensing, Copyright, Law, Software
 > > Patents"
 >
 > I have suggested that and most people seem to see no need to for it
 > thus we are left with inapporiate forums...

Wrong.  There is an apporopriate forum: chat_at_ (or maybe
advocacy_at_ if you prefer).  You just refuse to use it and
continue to post to inappropriate lists.

If I were postmaster_at_, I would blacklist you if you
continued to violate the list chartes.  Fortunately
I'm not postmaster_at_.  ;-)

Best regards
Oliver

"The last good thing written in C was