Re: FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

From: Bernd Walter <ticso_at_cicely12.cicely.de>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 15:01:29 +0100
On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 02:44:06PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

> > > Even in case it's the second biggest forum, it shouldn't be ignored;
> > I agree completely, it shouldn't be ignored.  (Whether it's
> > the first, second or third biggest forum doesn't matter at
> > all; it can't be easily measured anyway.)
>
> BSDForen.de is a native-language forum, and I suspect it suffers from
> the same problems as other native-language fora: they become closed
> communities with little or no contact with the parent community, and
> over time they construct their own mythology of how that community
> functions and acts.

It is not only a native language forum it is a web based forum,
which as such has a problem to attract persons which are deeper into
the scene, since web based forums are not as simple to handle as
tranditional mailing-lists without bringing anything on the pro side.
I don't know if it is the largest German BSD community or not, but
it is likely the German BSD community with the largest newcommer vs
expirienced ratio.

--
B.Walter                http://www.bwct.de      http://www.fizon.de
bernd_at_bwct.de           info_at_bwct.de            support_at_fizon.de