Re: FreeBSD on Asus EEE PC

From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 14:55:52 +0000
On Jan 19, 2008, at 3:40 AM, Garance A Drosehn wrote:

> At 10:04 PM +0100 1/2/08, Ivan Voras wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If anyone's interested, here's dmesg and pciconf for Asus' EEE PC.
>> Apparently everything works except the network and the wireless
>> cards.
>
> One of the guys I know is running FreeBSD on the Eee, and has written
> up the following information for anyone who is interested in doing
> what he did:
>
>    http://nighthack.org/wiki/EeeBSD
>
> This includes tips on how to get the wireless working, and sound,
> and some oddities with how X11 works.

Well, I searched the wiki and I found no contact email, so I'm posting
here hoping that you can contact him.

Perhaps he wants to use the Xorg intel driver instead of i815? This
way he probably doesn't need 915resolution anymore (if the LCD reports
the correct size, the intel driver will use it).

Regards.
--
Rui Paulo