Performance Tracker project update

From: Erik Cederstrand <erik_at_cederstrand.dk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 05:48:23 +0100
Hi

I'd like to send a small update on my progress on the Performance
Tracker project.

I now have a small setup of a server and a slave chugging along,
currently collecting data. I'm following CURRENT and collecting results
from super-smack and unixbench.

The project still needs some work, but there's a temporary web interface
to the data here: http://littlebit.dk:5000/plot/. Apart from the
plotting it's possible to compare two dates and see the files that have
changed. Error bars are 3*standard deviation, for the points with
multiple measurements.

Of interest is e.g. super-smack (select-key, 1 client) right when the
GENERIC kernel was moved from the 4BSD to ULE scheduler on Oct. 19.
Unixbench (arithmetic test, float) also has a significant jump on Oct. 3.

There setup of the slave is documented roughly on the page but I'll be
writing a full report and documentation over the next month.

Comments are very welcome but please followup on performance_at_.

Thanks,
Erik