panic on tap device close ...

From: Matthew Grooms <mgrooms_at_shrew.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:27:57 -0500
All,

I have seen this panic twice today with the kernel sources being just a
few days old. The kdb output is in the form of a screen shot which was
the best I could do at the time ...

http://hole.shrew.net/~mgrooms/files/tap-crash.jpg

This occurred doing some tests with the following code. It just creates
a tap device, configures it with an address/netmask/mtu and holds the
file descriptor open until <enter> is pressed. I ran it in one terminal
and started fiddling with ifconfig and netstat in another terminal. The
panic happens eventually when the taptest program exits ...

http://hole.shrew.net/~mgrooms/files/taptest.cpp

Thanks,

-Matthew