Call for bfe(4) testers.

From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:34:49 +0900
Hi,

I have been using the following patched bfe(4) and it seems it
works as expected. I've fixed long standing bus_dma(9) bugs in it
and it should work on systems with > 1GB memory. In theory bfe(4)
should also work on big-endian architectures. However the 1GB DMA
address space of the hardware is much lower than that of DVMA base
address of sparc64 so the possibility of using bfe(4) on sparc64 is
zero. :-(

As added bonus of patched driver, bfe(4) now supports hardware
statistics counter. You can use sysctl(8) to see what counters are
maintained in the hardware. For example, the following command will
show detailed statistics for Tx/Rx frames.
#sysctl dev.bfe.0.stats=1

If you have one of bfe(4) hardwares please give it try and let me
know how it goes. The latest bfe(4) can be found at the following
URL.
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/bfe/if_bfe.c
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/bfe/if_bfereg.h
--