Re: ZFS patches.

From: Pascal Hofstee <caelian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:40:55 +0200
On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
>        http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/zfs_20080727.patch.bz2
>
> The patch above contains the most recent ZFS version that could be found
> in OpenSolaris as of today. Apart for large amount of new functionality,
> I belive there are many stability (and also performance) improvements
> compared to the version from the base system.
>
> Check out OpenSolaris website to find out the differences between base
> system version and patch version.
>
> Please test, test, test. If I get enough positive feedback, I may be
> able to squeeze it into 7.1-RELEASE, but this might be hard.
>
> If you have any questions, please use mailing lists
> (freebsd-fs_at_FreeBSD.org would be the best).
>
> Thank you in advance!

Well .. so far everything runs smoothly on my FreeBSD/amd64
8.0-CURRENT. I upgraded a simple one-disk ZPOOL and all ZFS
filesystems on it without problems.
The only thing that caught my eye were the  console warnings like the
ones below:

WARNING pid 1413 (zpool): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffcc285a09
WARNING pid 1473 (zfs): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffcc285a12
WARNING pid 1473 (zfs): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffcc285a15

I only saw the zpool one once the zfs ones are mostly the
ffffffffcc285a12. I am not exactly sure what those warnings are trying
to tell me but thought i should at least mention them here.

--
  Pascal Hofstee