Re: HEAD UP: non-MPSAFE network drivers to be disabled

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:33:51 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <483C2666.7010608_at_FreeBSD.org>
            "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms_at_freebsd.org> writes:
: Other than that, line disciplines can go away.

In the past I've uesd line disciplines to implement a keyboard driver
for the Apple Newton Keyboard (serial protocol) so I could use it at
any point after the loader (the system didn't run X11, so I couldn't
use the X11 driver I wrote there).  This system has been retired, and
I don't think I ever forward ported them past about 3.mumble, if even
that far.

This code is badly decayed, and I have no requirement that it
continues to work.  But I know similar techniques are used in some
embedded systems.  Expect some delayed complaining if they go away
entirely.  But that may be OK given we're ridding tty of Giant.

Now, if we could only sort out the syscons/keyboard/mouse mess...

Warner