Re: kinda headsup..

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:41:12 -0700
Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Julian Elischer wrote:
>> At the BSDCAn devsummit we discussed how to proceed with committing
>> Vimage to -current.
>>
>> the Milestones included something like:
>>
>> June 8 (today) Headsup....
>>
>> June 15        commit changes that add macros for vnet
>>                (network module) and vinet(inet virtualisation)
>>                with macros defined in such a way to make 0 actual
>>                differences. provable by md5 etc.
>>                Documentat
>>                  s/hostname/g//V_hostname/
>>                  #define V_hostname hostname
>>                2 weeks settle time, next step prepared, tested
>>                and reviewed.
>
>> diffs can be found at:
>>  http://www.freebsd.org/~julian/vimage.diff and it are usually
>> fairly up to date.
>
> Did Marko fix the panic I saw back in May?  I wasn't even able to boot a
> vimage kernel yet, let alone begin testing it :)

is this the ipv6 panic?
I must admit I have not heard..
he was looking at it back thne and has committed stuff since then..

I use it with IPV4 quite successfully quite often.

note that the first commits are pretty much quaranteed to not have
that problem.. as they are effective NOPs

I'll get back to you  on it..