Re: kinda headsup..

From: Marko Zec <zec_at_fer.hr>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:46:02 +0200
On Monday 09 June 2008 11:57:02 Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Julian Elischer wrote:
> > At the BSDCAn devsummit we discussed how to proceed with committing
> > Vimage to -current.
> >
> > the Milestones included something like:
> >
> > June 8 (today) Headsup....
> >
> > June 15        commit changes that add macros for vnet
> >                (network module) and vinet(inet virtualisation)
> >                with macros defined in such a way to make 0 actual
> >                differences. provable by md5 etc.
> >                Documentat
> >                  s/hostname/g//V_hostname/
> >                  #define V_hostname hostname
> >                2 weeks settle time, next step prepared, tested
> >                and reviewed.

> > diffs can be found at:
> >  http://www.freebsd.org/~julian/vimage.diff and it are usually
> > fairly up to date.
>
> Did Marko fix the panic I saw back in May?  I wasn't even able to
> boot a vimage kernel yet, let alone begin testing it :)

I just submitted a p4 change that allows for a machine to boot with
rpc.lockd enabled, but haven't tested it with any NFS mounts yet.  But
do you really need to have rpc.lockd running to be able to do any
testing?

Pls. note that the vimage branch tracking HEAD has other misterious
lockups that I haven't been able to track down yet.  The
user/zec/vimage_7 branch is in much better shape...

Marko