Re: Getting started with DTrace in FreeBSD-current (a.k.a. 8)

From: John Birrell <jb_at_what-creek.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 21:21:21 +0000
On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 02:14:40PM -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> Interesting.  Can I ask, has the problem with (in the Xorg build) the uid_t not
> being recognized been gotten past yet?  I have a system that could be testing in
> only a few minutes, if you tell me it's probably fixed.

The problem is that the Xorg port is trying to use dtrace for something on FreeBSD
it shouldn't.

The fact that uid_t is not being recognised is just a consequence of dtrace being
used without CTF data in the kernel. If you haven't got CTF data in your kernel,
then dtrace is of no use to you.

--
John Birrell