Re: URGENT: Need help rebuilding iir RAID5 array with failed drive

From: Dmitry Morozovsky <marck_at_rinet.ru>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:13:41 +0400 (MSD)
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008, Garrett Cooper wrote:

[snip all]

GC> Oh, where's this "document" of which you speak all the time? I don't
GC> see anything about parity support not being available in either the
GC> geom or iir manpage, or the iir sourcecode. If someone needs a helping
GC> hand inserting that logic into the kernel, I'll gladly assist so
GC> others don't follow my footsteps and fsck up their data.

It seems that you constantly mixing ata and iir, which you think you have. Have
you any kernel logs available? Can you show us the lines about disks and
arrays?

Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck_at_FreeBSD.org ]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck_at_rinet.ru ***