Re: cvs [update aborted]: received broken pipe signal

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 05:18:02 -0800
On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 03:46:53PM +0800, David Xu wrote:
> What's wrong with our cvs server? I can not receive updates:
>
> cvs update: Updating .
> cvs update: Updating alpha
> cvs update: Updating amd64/conf
> cvs update: Updating amd64/ia32
> cvs update: Updating amd64/includeRead from remote host
> ncvs.freebsd.org: Connection reset by peer
>
> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any)

You might need to take a look at the server, but I think I recall seeing
similar symptoms when I created /tmp as a swap-backed md-resident file
system with the default inode density and /tmp didn't actually become
"full," but ran out of inodes during a period of heavy (for that
environment) usage.

Adjusting the tmpmfs_flags specification in /etc/rc.conf (for the CVS
server) to say 'tmpmfs_flags="-i1024 -o async -S"', then re-creating
/tmp  alleviated the pain.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
I submit that "conspiracy" would be an appropriate collective noun for cats.