Re: Problem since "wlan" came in: SIOCS80211: Device not configured

From: Andrew Thompson <thompsa_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 11:17:26 +1200
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:03:15AM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
> Pietro Cerutti wrote:
>>
>> Rink Springer wrote:
>> | Hi,

>> | Have a look at UPDATING - Virtual Access Points (VAP's) were
>> | introduced, and you need to update your system configuration.
>>
>> I might be dumb, but I can't find anything... I've updated src today..
>> where are changes introduced by VPAs mentioned?
> This looks like a driver bug.  I ping'd the person most likely able to help
> you.

Pong.

I have looked at this, I believe the error case in this situation is
that the vap is running but the taskq to init the parent has not
completed yet. The scan checks the parents status before auctioning it.

Can you see if this fixes it. I am not sure its the correct approach but
will at least confirm the fault.

Andrew