Re: development of framebuffer driver hi res console

From: Philip Paeps <philip_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:46:11 +0200
On 2008-05-16 19:15:19 (+0800), ketracel <ketracel_at_internode.on.net> wrote:
> Any FreeBSD developers out there working on a Framebuffer driver which
> provides modern high resolution modes (including widescreen) for the system
> console?

Not specifically working on a high-res framebuffer, but I'm working on
divorcing the framebuffer from syscons.  Once that work is done, it should be
possible to write more "advanced" framebuffer drivers.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip_at_freebsd.org                               subscribed to the list.

  [looking at photos of a house]
  <skel> big house all nice and well, but big garden looks like effort
  <skel> all big things look like effort
  <SuperEgg> skel - good luck in your sex life then