Re: development of framebuffer driver hi res console

From: Eric Anholt <eric_at_anholt.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:19:43 -0700
On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 09:46 +0200, Philip Paeps wrote:
> On 2008-05-16 19:15:19 (+0800), ketracel <ketracel_at_internode.on.net> wrote:
> > Any FreeBSD developers out there working on a Framebuffer driver which
> > provides modern high resolution modes (including widescreen) for the system
> > console?
>
> Not specifically working on a high-res framebuffer, but I'm working on
> divorcing the framebuffer from syscons.  Once that work is done, it should be
> possible to write more "advanced" framebuffer drivers.

And the graphics developers are already porting their drivers to the
kernel to provide the framebuffer part.  What it would take to port that
to FreeBSD has been outlined elsewhere.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt_at_FreeBSD.org
eric_at_anholt.net                         eric.anholt_at_intel.com