Re: CSUP failure

From: Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 07:05:30 -0800
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 09:58:48AM -0500, jT wrote:
> All,
>    Again after a few hours i get:
>
>  [root_at_bigmac ~]# csup -h cvsup11.us.freebsd.org current-supfile
>  Connected to 130.94.149.166
>  Invalid server reply to AUTHMD5
>  [root_at_bigmac ~]#
>
> This time its on cvsup11 -- this is the most bizarre behavior I have
> ever noticed.  I was checking my bash_history and noted that i did a
> make makesum in nvidia-driver because I updated the version and wanted
> the new sum files.  Since this was a port I have no idea how it could
> be related -- but noticed that it had to do with checksums -- could
> this have really fouled things up?  And is there a solution to fix
> this?  Thanks a lot.

"make makesum" just changes the contents of the port distinfo file.
That definitely has nothing to do with the oddities you're seeing with
csup.

Things to try that come to my mind:

Could you provide the output of the above csup command but with -L 2
added to the argument list?

Next, could you try cvsup?  You can add the binary as a package (it's a
"standalone" package, e.g. no runtime dependencies, so you can
pkg_delete it when you're done).  This should do the trick: pkg_add -r
cvsup-without-gui.  Then try using "cvsup" instead of "csup" in your
command.

If the issue continues with cvsup, some pcaps or truss's will be needed
to figure out what's going across the wire.

I've CC'd mux_at_FreeBSD.org, who is the author of csup, to help out.