Re: My GNOME2 cannot work!

From: <chrisa_at_uvic.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:00:48 -0800 (PST)
> * chrisa_at_uvic.ca <chrisa_at_uvic.ca> wrote:
>> I have the same problem with my gnome install. I'm running 7.0-RELEASE
>> with packages from 7-stable, and the same thing is happening. And the
>> permissions for /var/tmp are set correctly: when I look in /var/tmp
>> after
>> the failure, it has created the file: it just claims that it can't lock
>> it.
>
> Be sure to run FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE (RELENG_7), not 7.0-RELEASE. As
> mentioned in previous emails, be sure to run the packages on the
> operating system version they have been compiled for.
>
> --
>  Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
>  WWW: http://80386.nl/

For some reason, I thought that packages for any version of 7 would work
on any other version of 7, so I thought that getting packages from
7-stable would be a good way to get up-to-date packages instead of nearly
year-old packages from 7.0-release. Oh well. I installed gnome from ports
and it works fine, so you were right about the packages. Thanks,

Chris A