Re: HEADS UP: New ZFS in the tree.

From: Wes Morgan <morganw_at_chemikals.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:00:16 -0600 (CST)
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> Hi.
>
> So ZFS was updated from version 6 to 13. Be very careful when updating
> your system if you use ZFS. The number of changes is huge and my
> regression tests and manual tests I did only cover part of the entire
> functionality.

Sneaky devil, and after I spent most of Sunday trying to apply the big
patch by hand to the most recent version of -current possible! Great job
with this, though. ZFS support has to be one of the best features to work
on from the viewpoint of users, and has a huge impact.

On a serious note, what kind of test data would you like to have other
than general "it's more stable now" feedback? Do you think the new code is
any more likely to destroy all of our data the the old?

Again, great work!