Re: regression in HDA functionality

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 16:28:12 +0300
Gary Jennejohn wrote:
>>> I can provide verbose boot output from both kernels, if desired.  Basically, it looks
>>> like the headphone output gets disabled with the new driver.
>> Usually such problem means that you have broken BIOS. Verbose output
>> usually shows where the problem is and writing some device hints usually
>> allows to fix the problem. Read updated snd_hda man page and if it not
>> help - send your verbose output to me.
>
> I read the man page but I must admit that it didn't help me any.  I
> tried setting some device hints but they didn't help either.  I'm
> obviously failing to understand something.
>
> See dmesg_verbose_amd64 and sndstat under ~gj on freefall.

I don't see any problem there. It is possible that you may just
misunderstood what you have got. You have:
pcm0 - SPDIF/HDMI on video card
pcm1 - rear 7.1 playback and main record
pcm2 - front headphones playback and mic record
pcm3 - SPDIF in/out.

So, what the problem is? What are you doing, what expecting and what
getting?

--
Alexander Motin