FreeBSD-current on Acer Aspire One

From: Thiago Luz Basilio <elmofo_at_uol.com.br>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 01:06:36 -0300
Hello!

Anybody is testing FreeBSD-current on the Acer Aspire One? I'm testing
FreeBSD-current and NetBSD-current on it, to figure a best BSD option
for it. I'm running away from any Linux-thing possibility for this
machine, because I just can't cope well with almost any Linux
distribution.

It seems that with the lastest ath_hal version, the Atheros wireless
card works on the Aspire One. The wired card (re) works fine, CPU is
proper recognized, SpeedStep works, sound works.

But how about the SD/MMC card reader? Anybody has any clue? I've seen
some patches flying around, but many of them were for Ricoh-based
readers, and this machine uses a JMicron-based reader.

Thanks in advance,
Thiago.