Re: RFC: PCI SD host controller driver & mmc/mmcsd modules improvements

From: Ilya Bakulin <webmaster_at_kibab.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 11:38:48 +0400
On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 01:26:19 -0400
"Zaphod Beeblebrox" <zbeeble_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Most 4G cards are SDHC that I've seen.  The notes on this that I've read
> talk about the fact that you can have a 4G regular SD card but that many
> (most) devices don't support it because of the need for a larger FAT to
> support 4G.
>
> I have two laptops with these controllers, but I have only SDHC media (4 and
> 8 gig cards).

I have 4G SD card (not SDHC), this driver works perfectly with it.
Card is Transcend 4Gb 150x.

Output from dmesg:
sdhci0-slot0: Card inserted
mmc0: <MMC/SD bus> on sdhci0
mmcsd0: 3926MB <MMC/SD Memory Card> at mmc0
mmc0: setting transfer rate to 30.000MHz
mmc0: setting bus width to 4 bits
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider mmcsd0 is msdosfs/WM_ILYA.

I've been able to copy large file (diablo jdk 1.6) to and from this card, with no file corruption.

I have another SD card, 2 Gb size, in my camera. It's from Kingston. It doesn't work:

sdhci0-slot0: Card inserted
mmc0: <MMC/SD bus> on sdhci0
sdhci0-slot0: Command error 1 (opcode 2 arg 0 flags 103 dlen 0 dflags 0)
mmc0: setting transfer rate to 50.000MHz

... and no new storage devices appear.
--
Ilya Bakulin <webmaster_at_kibab.com>