Re: New snd_hda(4) doesn't handle speaker on NVidia MCP51 audio controller

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:14:17 +0300
Wojciech A. Koszek wrote:
> I can't hear anything coming out of my speakers after new snd_hda(4)
> import. Here's some more detailed information:
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~wkoszek/newhda/dmesg.boot

As you can see from
hdac0: 4 associations found:

hdac0: Association 0 (1) out:

hdac0:  Pin nid=14 seq=0

hdac0: Association 1 (2) out:

hdac0:  Pin nid=11 seq=0

hdac0: Association 2 (3) out:

hdac0:  Pin nid=18 seq=0

hdac0: Association 3 (4) in:

hdac0:  Pin nid=12 seq=0

hdac0:  Pin nid=17 seq=1

hdac0:  Pin nid=13 seq=14

and the rest, driver found 3 playback devices: pcm0 - headphones, pcm1 -
line-out, pcm2 - spdif. If in your case line-out is a speaker, then it
is your hardware vendor bug that you don't have speaker-to-headphones
audio redirection. Read new snd_hda manual to learn more about how to
use it better.

--
Alexander Motin