Re: DTrace complains about struct thread

From: Lionel Flandrin <simias.n_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 00:18:42 +0200
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 08:36:58PM +0400, swell.k_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I believe only kernel should be rebuilt with WITH_CTF=1 since there is
> no userland tracing yet.
>
> Try building world as usual and enable WITH_CTF only for kernel, then
> rerun the test.

Ok, so i rebuilt everything using WITH_CTF only for
build/installkernel.

It fixed my "abort" problem with gcc (I guess it didn't like the
additional CTF section in the ELF), but I still get the "failed to
resolve type kernel`struct thread" error when I run dtrace. I tried
with "hotkernel" from the DTraceToolkit-0.99 and several one liner
syscall tracing. Always the same error message.

--
Lionel Flandrin