Re: Request for testers: Option 3G cards, also Sierra, ?Huawei and Novatel

From: Gavin Atkinson <gavin.atkinson_at_ury.york.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:15:23 +0100 (BST)
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, Nick Hibma wrote:
> This is a Option GlobeTrotter Max HSUPA modem. I've added it. It should work
> out of the box. I've got 3 Option modems here and they are all identical in
> functionality bar speeds and whether or not they have a WLAN module.

Also, I wonder if you would consider PR usb/127543 - although I am not
currently able to test it with your u3g driver, there was no special
support required in the ubsa driver to use it and there's no special
support in Linux for it so I suspect it should just work.

Given that it appears most, if not all, Option modems seem to work the
same, I wonder if we could just copy the whole list of USB ids from the
Linux driver:
http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/drivers/usb/serial/option.c?v=linux-2.6

Gavin