Re: pjd's ZFS 2008-07-27 patches against HEAD

From: <swell.k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 03:55:20 +0400
Steven Schlansker <stevenschlansker_at_berkeley.edu> writes:

> I recently got fed up with all the deadlocks that ZFS seems to have on
> my home server (things hang in zfs: states, nothing can kill them,
> prevents rebooting, etc) so I decided to try out -CURRENT with the
> latest ZFS patches.  However, they no longer seem to apply cleanly.
> Specifically,

Revisions before r182371 should work. Or you can try -CURRENT
some later time when pjd commit[1] his work on latest zfs version.

[1] http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20080829074738.GB3026

> [steven_at_universe:/usr/src]% bzcat ~/zfs_20080727.patch.bz2 | sudo
> patch -s -C -p0
> 1 out of 14 hunks failed--saving rejects to cddl/contrib/opensolaris/
> lib/libzpool/common/sys/zfs_context.h.rej
> 1 out of 11 hunks failed--saving rejects to sys/cddl/contrib/
> opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/vdev_file.c.rej
> 1 out of 33 hunks failed--saving rejects to sys/cddl/contrib/
> opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_ctldir.c.rej
> 1 out of 20 hunks failed--saving rejects to sys/cddl/contrib/
> opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_replay.c.rej
> 1 out of 115 hunks failed--saving rejects to sys/cddl/contrib/
> opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_vnops.c.rej
> 4 out of 29 hunks failed--saving rejects to sys/cddl/contrib/
> opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_znode.c.rej
> 1 out of 11 hunks failed--saving rejects to sys/kern/kern_jail.c.rej
>
> This is against a current HEAD (tag=. in csup as of 2 hours ago)
>
> I  was wondering if there is a newer patch out there (I don't see
> anything in ~pjd/patches) or if anyone has had any luck getting the
> patch to apply cleanly to the latest sources.

http://pastebin.com/m30db3356

I've just copied `+' lines from p4 and `-' lines from svn, nothing
special. Try it at your own risk and don't blame me if you lose
your precious data. ;) So far I haven't lost mine, although I have
a bad experience with zfs metadata corruption in the past with
and without pjd's patch.

Another way is just collect and revert conflicting commits then apply
the patch without modifying it. I've already lost count how many there
are to revert.